GROUP TENNIS COURSE
General information about the courses: Participants sign up for one season at a time. The season starts at the start...
General information about the courses:
- Participants sign up for one season at a time. The season starts at the start of school in the autumn and follows the school calendar until mid-June. Be aware that playing times may change from the outdoor to the indoor period, as the court capacity will be reduced. You can unsubscribe after Christmas by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10/12. Participants who unsubscribe after the deadline will be invoiced for the next period.
- Members will be given priority, and registration is binding. An invoice will be sent to the e-mail address given before the start of the course.
- In order to end up in the right group, it is important that the field «game level» is filled in properly. Additional information can be written in «other information»
- The coaches set up groups according to time requirements, age and level of play. The player has the opportunity to unsubscribe from the course before start-up if the proposed day and time does not suit
- In most groups, there will be 4 players and 1 coach. In beginner groups or Fit Tenis groups there can be up to 6 players
- Players are placed in a group on a fixed day and time. It is not possible to show up another day if you have lost an hour (for whatever reason)
- Each workout lasts 55 minutes, including warm-up and clean-up
- Players can borrow the racket the first couple of times, then it is expected that you bring your own racket
- Players must wear training clothes and tennis shoes
NOT SURE ABOUT YOUR LEVEL?
OTK is following the U.S. Tennis Association NTRP rating system.
The rating categories are simply here to guide you. You may find that you play above or below the category, depending on your competitive ability. The category you choose is not meant to be permanent and may be adjusted as your skills change or as your match play demonstrates the need for reclassification.
NTRP LEVEL: 1.0 - 1.5 (Beginner)
NTRP LEVEL: 2.0 (Beginner plus)
NTRP LEVEL: 2.5 - (Intermediate minus)
This player is learning to judge where the ball is going although court coverage is weak. This player can sustain a slow rally with other players of same ability.
Potential limitations: Grip weaknesses; not attempting full swing on serve; inconsistent toss on serve; limited transitions to net
NTRP LEVEL: 3.0 (Intermediate)
This player is consistent when hitting medium pace shots, but is not comfortable with all strokes and lacks control when trying for directional intent, depth, or power.
Potential limitations: consistency when applying or handling pace; difficulty handling shots “outside of their strike zone”; can be uncomfortable at the net.
NTRP LEVEL: 3.5 (Intermediate plus)
This player has achieved improved stroke dependability with directional control on moderate shots, but still lacks depth and variety. This player exhibits more aggressive net play, has improved court coverage, and is developing teamwork in doubles.
Potential limitations and strengths: “This is the level at which it begins to be about what skills a player can display on court, not what they can’t.” Players at this level may start to utilize mental skills related to concentration, tactics and strategy.
NTRP LEVEL: 4.0 (Advanced minus)
This player has dependable strokes, including directional control, depth and the ability to alter distance of shots on both forehand and backhand sides during moderately paced play, plus the ability to use lobs, overheads, approach shots, and volleys with more success. This player occasionally forces errors when serving. Rallies may be lost due to impatience. Teamwork in doubles is evident.
Potential strengths: Less likely to beat themselves; more dependable second serve; recognizes opportunities to finish points.
NTRP LEVEL: 4.5 (Advanced)
This player has begun to vary the use of pace and spins, has good movement, can control distance and depth of shots, and is beginning to develop game plans according to strengths and weaknesses. This player can hit the first serve with power and accuracy and can place the second serve. This player tends to overhit on difficult shots. Aggressive net play is common in doubles.
Potential strengths: Points are won and lost off the serve more often; better able to cover weaknesses; beginning to develop a weapon around which their game can be built.
NTRP LEVEL: 5.0 (Advanced plus)
This player has good shot anticipation and frequently has an outstanding shot or attribute around which their game can be structured. This player has the confidence to regularly hit winners or force errors off of short balls and can put away volleys, can successfully execute lobs, drop shots, half volleys, overheads, and has good depth and spin on most second serves.
Potential strengths: Better decision making; covers and disguises weaknesses well; mentally tougher, but can still break down in stress situations.
CARDIO FIT TENIS COURSE
Fitness Instructional Tenis is a new concept of tennis training. It is a mixture of tennis drills, fitness workout and...
Fitness Instructional Tenis is a new concept of tennis training. It is a mixture of tennis drills, fitness workout and strength exercises all done on a tennis court.
Cardio FIT Tenis is a fun, social, group tennis-fitness program for people of all ages and abilities. Constant movement is the focus as a qualified coach guides you through a series of footwork, strength heart-pumping exercises and tennis drills that will help you to improve your tennis and fitness levels.
This high intensity training/ultimate workout is set up for 6 players AND 2 COACHES on the court for more attention to each player.
What is Fit Tenis?
- FIT Tenis or Fitness Instructional Tenis is a new modern concept of tennis training.
- It is a mixture of tennis drills, fitness workout and strength exercises all done on the tennis court.
- It’s a new social activity for people of any age, any tennis and fitness/strength abilities who want to improve their tennis skills, get the body in shape and also burn more calories than in any other tennis concepts.
- 3 to 6 players of any level on the court working out at the same time
01. On tennis station your tennis skills by hitting over 100 balls in one session with coaches instructions.
02. On fitness station, your fitness abilities, footwork, speed, flexibility, agility, plus you lose more calories than in any other tennis training.
03. On strength station your strength and your body shape like you would workout in the gym.
Why Fit Tenis?
- Looking to improve your tennis technique ?
- Looking to burn some calories ?
- Looking for a great workout in a social environment ?
- Looking to get in shape and have fun ?
- Looking to do it ALL at the same time and the same place ?
If the answer to these questions is YES, then FIT TENIS is for you.
Senior Tennis is program for 55+ years old Feeling slow around court? Struggling to get too those short balls? Every...
Senior Tennis is program for 55+ years old
Feeling slow around court?
Struggling to get too those short balls?
Every year over 30, we lose muscle mass and strength! That is unless you do something about it! Use it or lose it cannot be any more true as we age. It’s never too late to start!
Join our senior tennis program and It can all turn around in weeks!
With our specific agility and footwork exercises you will find yourself feeling years younger on court.
Our senior tennis program incorporates wonderful instruction with lots of fun.
Gain confidence in your shot making, refine tennis stroke mechanics and learn our fitness components to provide you with the necessary tools to maintain a healthy and youthful body.
- Slows down Aging Effects
- Manages Weight
- BUILD STRENGTH and Core Stability
- Reduce and PREVENT INJURIES
- Improve POWER
- 60 min
- warm-up exercises
- Tennis drills
Our program will be guided by OTK certified professional
This program is perfect combination for those, who been participating also in regular tennis course. On one hand, fitness will...
This program is perfect combination for those, who been participating also in regular tennis course. On one hand, fitness will help you to improve your footwork, coordination, speed, strength, flexibility and all the other aspects of your game. On the other hand, fitness is not just about tennis. It should be part of your life. It affects your daily life. The way how you move, sleep, breathe, hold your body posture and many more. Here are some examples:
- Exercise controls weight
- Exercise combats health conditions and diseases
- Exercise improves mood
- Exercise boosts energy
- Exercise promotes better sleep
- Exercise can be fun … and social!
All adults aged 18–64 should do at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity throughout the week and muscle-strengthening activities should be done involving major muscle groups on 2 or more days a week.
All lessons are held by our certified fitness coach Jakub Cvanda, who has been studying fitness problematic for over 8 years.
There are 3 options, from which you can choose:
- Group training (max. 4 persons)
- Private training (1. pers. Individual, only you and coach)
- Semi-private training (2. pers. Ask you friend and come together)
All lessons are at OTK gym.
During 2022-2023 OTK will offer only members the opportunity to book indoor private lessons. Non-members will be offered only outdoor...
During 2022-2023 OTK will offer only members the opportunity to book indoor private lessons. Non-members will be offered only outdoor lessons. This is due to capacity constraints indoor.
Private lessons are booked by contacting one of the coaches directly (club info/coaches).
The coach will book the court and the club will invoice you for the private session afterward.
Private lessons not cancelled at least 24 hours in advance will be invoiced. Price per hour includes court rental and ball use.
Non-members pay 100,- more per. hour than members. As from June 1, 2023 this increases to 250,-
- 2 players on the court: 150,-
- 3 players on the court: 300,-
- 4 players on the court: 450,-
COURSE CALENDAR ADULT
2023/24 SEASON Autumn semester (Aug-Dec 2023) Start Monday 21 AugustNo courses– week 40 (2 – 8 October)Last course day Sunday 17...
Autumn semester (Aug-Dec 2023)
Start Monday 21 August
– week 40 (2 – 8 October)
Last course day Sunday 17 December
Winter and Spring semester (Jan-Jun 2024)
Start Tuesday 2 January
– week 8 (19-25 February)
– Easter (25 March – 1 April)
– 1 May, 9 May, 17 May, 19 May, 20 May
Last course day Sunday 16 June
All autumn semester participants automatically have a place in the winter and spring semester. Those who want to quit after the autumn semester must send an email to email@example.com by 10/12.
Prices 2023/24 Adults The prices are for 1 practice per week. Each lesson is 45 minutes. (Prices in parenthesis are...
Prices 2023/24 Adults
The prices are for 1 practice per week. Each lesson is 45 minutes. (Prices in parenthesis are for 55 minutes) There’s a 10% discount for the third lesson per week
|Category||Autumn 2023||Winter and Spring 2024|
|Time period||21/8 - 17/12||2/1 - 17/6|
|Member||Non - member||Member||Non - member|
|Adult course||3760,- (4600,-)||4520,- (5520,-)||5430,- (6630,-)||6525,- (7975,-)|
|Fit tennis (Cardio) course||3760,- (4600,-)||4520,- (5520,-)||5430,- (6630,-)||6525,- (7975,-)|
Course registration for 2023/24 opens Friday May 12 How to register for courses at OTK: Follow the link below to...
Course registration for 2023/24 opens Friday May 12
How to register for courses at OTK:
- Follow the link below to register via “
- If you are a member or have attended courses earlier: “Log in”. Press the OTK logo on the left. Scroll down until you reach the course you want and choose the course. Fill out and submit the form.
- If you are not a member or have attended courses earlier: “Register”. You will be sent a registration email to the email address you just provided. Follow the link in the email you receive. Log in with your email address and password you have chosen. Write “Oslo Tennis” under “Find building, city”. Select “Smash”. Select “Favorite”. Press the OTK logo on the left. Scroll down until you reach the course you want and choose this. Fill out and submit the form.
Important: In the registration form it says “Personal number”. Do not use your social security number, use date of birth (ddmmyy)
Prioritization: Members, former course participants, new course participants